Connect Ethernet Printers and iPhones
To get started:
- Make sure your printer has an Ethernet Interface. You can order swappable interfaces, but be sure to request the Ethernet connection type on your printer.
- Locate your Wireless router with an Ethernet Port.
- Make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal.
- Check that your receipt printer and iOS device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
To connect your Ethernet Interface printer:
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable into the rear panel of the printer, and plug the other end of the cable into the wireless router’s Ethernet port.
- From the Square app, tap:
- Tap Settings > Printers.
- Tap Printer and select your printer.
- To test your connection, tap Test Print.
- Toggle on Receipts, Order Tickets, and/or Order Ticket Stubs.
- Tap Save.
To connect more than one iPhone/iPod touch to the one Ethernet printer, repeat these steps with each mobile device. If you’d like to use one iPhone/iPod touch with multiple printers, follow the same steps above for each printer.